Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meadowlarke

re: Classy Discussion at the Museum, Saturday at 6:30 PM

The next in our monthly series on Class Studies at the Oak N. Barrel will be held June 21st.

Rocking with Runekeepers will be a discussion on the powers and abilities of Runekeepers and how best to work with them when they are a part of one's fellowship.

July 19 is Charging with Champions, then Cavorting with Captains in August.

Meadowlarke

re: The Shire Moot Leadership Conference (Dec. 20)

Many months ago, mootians asked that one of our 'classy discussions' be on leadershipping and fellowshipping in general. So, the December 20 classy discussion will be on leadershipping and fellowshipping.

For January, Dyonaea suggested a discussion on legendary items, so that is scheduled for January 17.

And for February, I s'pose we should be talking about the bear folk. That's on the schedule for Feb. 21st.

All events are at 6:30 PM.

Note that the meetings don't last too long on account of people wanting to get to Bree market at 9:00 PM.

Meadowlarke

re: Classy Discussion Topic - May 16

I am wondering if, for our classy discussion of May 16, iffen we should postpone Part 2 of Fellowshipping Maneuvers and have a discussion on Imbued Items. (Note that, though this is currently only relevant to Level 100 characters, most folks have a Level 100 characters, and there are rumors that this will apply to legendary items at all levels some time in the future. Though it is only a rumor. And may be a false rumor. Though it is my hope that it be a true rumor.)

Hoppa_Joel

I hope it is a true rumour also, I think the idea is good, and  putting it at level 100 in my opinion  was sorta pointless.

Legendary means a legend is born from the item, that is used again and again,  not replaced every 5 levels.

If they "do" manage to make it for lower levels,  i do hope they introduce a crafting option for item appearance, so you can  set your item's look.

Ruthelia

re: Re: Classy Discussion Topic - May 16

Meadowlarke wrote:

I am wondering if, for our classy discussion of May 16, iffen we should postpone Part 2 of Fellowshipping Maneuvers and have a discussion on Imbued Items. (Note that, though this is currently only relevant to Level 100 characters, most folks have a Level 100 characters, and there are rumors that this will apply to legendary items at all levels some time in the future. Though it is only a rumor. And may be a false rumor. Though it is my hope that it be a true rumor.)

Just think, being able to have a weapon and then not have to worry about getting a new one again, ever if you don't want to. I don't really know much at all about 'inebriated' weapons, (as Ayrhawk coined them the other day), but to me that is a comforting thought.  Maybe that is not the case, or maybe it is.

Personally though, in general  I think one should finish what one started before moving on to something else. Though in saying that I can understand the sensibility in talking about inebriated weapons also. So I don't really know! Or should I say; I'm certainly happy with either, and hope I can attend regardless.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

From my limited understanding and overheard in the usual places, the team behind the inebriation was not instructed to worry about prior to 100'th level.  The reason being is that the inebriation system builds upon the system we've had in place since LIs were introduced and it only effective from 100 + because of how they designed it.  (Forced obsoletion, I believe is one way of putting it, where they are hoping to force folks to inebriate things for more lemons--if they roll back imbuement to 50+, that's less they'll make in the store by their logic.)

So it's like taking a one story house with an attic, and building out dormers for further use of said attic.  You can't use those plans to make a cleaner lined, less patched together full two story house because the dormers in our model were adapted to the one story with the attic, and weren't even meant to be flush in appearance or have the same overall usable floor space to begin with.  The foundation might not support all that extra weight as well.  You'd need a completely new set of blueprints to do a full two story house properly--without the patchwork to the attic and the wing and a prayer.

I'm not sure if my example helps, or confuses folk further.

Having said all that, there have been quite a few rumors going around (none confirmed by blue names in any format to my knowledge) that inebriation developers would, in fact, after the successful implementation of the 100+ model, go back and start at (depending on the rumor) level 50, 30, 70, 10, etc.  Nobody really knows, and I suspect it's all just folks hoping if they talk about it enough somehow Turbine will listen and make it a reality. 

Hoppa, I hate to say it, but even if they do retcon backwards in level, any cosmetic changes will ALL be via store or some ridiculous something or other.  Crafters can go spit as far as Turbine is concerned these days.  I learned that from WarSteed cosmetics.  "OH?  You wanted another appearance?  You can choose between this blanket, a one time anniversary offering of actual pieces if you've put in enough time, or you can buy many, many more options in the store.  Did we mention Lalia's Market is now open?"

P.S.  I am AGAINST putting off FM class II, or we'll wind up with the same issue we had with the Beornings class.  No one knowledgeable enough to lead it up, and everyone worried the advice they are giving isn't right.

Edit: I found yet ANOTHER post claiming that inebriation would be rolled back to level 50 within three months.  I sent the person a PM asking them where I could find either a blue name response or a press release officially saying that is indeed true.  No idea if they'll get back to me or not.  Or when.

(1) okay, Classy Discussions will be fellowshipment maneuvers part II.

(2) from Frelorn

• Why only level 100, couldn’t this system completely replace the current LI system?
    • We originally set out with the intention to do a complete replacement of the legendary item system, but the sheer volume of implementation and testing required to make this happen was a little more than we could handle in a single Update cycle.
    • That doesn’t mean that this won’t happen one day, we would just prefer to get it right at level 100, then decide whether this system should completely replace the older system.
Daffodilia

Awarded:

I did hear back, and here's their contribution to the discussion:

In this video at minute 6 - 7. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/4010151

So thankies to Leixy from the ME Bulletins.  (The video bit is very similar in spirit to what you quote above.)

Awarded:

I couldn't find a regular Classy thread, so I thought I'd piggyback on this one.

I don't know how far out folks have thought of topics, but I would like to suggest something unlike what we've done before for some future discussion.  A discussion about RPing in fellow and how folks like to/don't like to, would like to, and or have gone about that.

You know, it might be easier, to do this in a forum chat for posting suggestions and thoughts  on roleplay,  and dos and donts as well as how you as an individual play too.

I know, I've had situations I found crossed a line before,  I've posted about them in many forums,  ( as well as here  )  Some are  roleplay ettiquette, some are general internettiquette.    problems arise, often when folks unfamiliar with roleplay in general attempt to interact for the first time.  This can cause issues.

other problems can arise,  in fellowship/kinship/chat channel/ as well,   we for the most part (( bracket ))  in one form or another,  bun in some cases  one kinship may have a  rule,   and join into a group for a quest, that doesn't.

for example, "chat" channels /f /k /1 /2 /3 /4  for my kinship is pretty much free for all.  Rarely do we roleplay in them,  but we all know each other well enough to know when something is in character or not.   Mostly those are ooc and the "Hoppa Comedy Hour"  as  I make wisecracks puns and poor jokes.  ( Bo does to but he is better at it than me hehe )  But some groups, or kinships may  want  thier fellowship "pure" roleplay. 

Sorta like us using regional as a roleplay extension.   Most people know about it and use it that way.  

I myself  tend to do open chat in character, and rarely  find hte need to ((bracket )) in some ooc stuff,  but there are times it happens and is nessasary.

We have a kin member that has a total misunderstanding of internettiquette in hte sense of gaming   he's an old  dos internet  chat sorta guy,   hehe,  so when his son got him into gaming he took a lot of the old  chat things  ( that I was never aware of ) and started using them in kin chat which really confused a lot of us.

(( )) to him was "big hugs"  and *text here* was not a chat emote, but  text surrounded by kisses.    ( wow, that was a confusing conversation to clear up hehe )

I agree this is an important issue specially to new folks to the internet and new folks to gaming and new folks to roleplay alike,  but it may be best not to air it in game in a classy discussion, as it might make some people feel singled out,  rather,  a well worded  forum discussion ( source book guide type )  might be beneficial. 

There is not right or wrong method of roleplay, we all have our styles and quirks,  however there is  rights and wrongs and  dos and donts  in what is allowed

( as I'd mentioned in a post before  )

Should we go for an Internettiquette  sub forum in General bulletins here? JUst a thought,  A classy discussion coudl work,  but like I said, some people might feel singled out.  But if we had our thoughts posted a /tell   with a link and saying ( this might be helpful to you )  could save hurt feelings.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: Classy Discussion

Before the moving madness set in, I had asked someone to please log the classy discussion.  Whomever did that, please remind me so I can both thank you and get a copy of the log from you!

Also...what is the next class to be discussed in May?  I need to update the Happenings list.

Thankies in advance as I catch up as I can!

This month will be all about Wardens.  I should have copies of the previous discussions, so I'll send those to you when I get the chance.  (Hopefully today)

Daffodilia

Awarded:

Super.  I'll update the Classy topic for Happenings after Story Night.

I haven't yet posted the March Classy (Burglescouts) in the LL because of the moving stuff.  So March will be in next weeks' edition.  So if you don't get me the April Classy right away, no worries. 

Thankies! 

Awarded:

re: July Classy Discussion--Champions

Jes a reminder, Champion Classy Discussion at 6:30 pm ST at the Museum t'night--5 Harrow Rd., Addernotch, Shire Homesteads

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum