Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: Dampdale Scavenger Hunt!

As some of you may already be aware, the Dampdale Cartography Society was robbed when someone accidentally left the decoration keys under the mat.  So not only was the chest cleared out, but all the maps and other deco save a few bound map tables as well.  Folks have already generously been offering to help replace what was lost.

Bluejay came up with a brilliant notion to have a scavenger hunt event to make a good thing out of a bad.  As the founder of Dampdale, I think this a brilliant idea.

I hope to post a list of what needs replacing much later today.  I will do so in the hopes of preventing multiples of X and no Ys that were lost.  I will do my level best to update the list each day as items are sent as donations.

Since we have control over the entirety of Dampdale, what I propose is once we can find a date (most likely sat afternoon) that conflicts with as little as humanly possible, we turn Dampdale in its entirety into the place to hunt.  So items will either be in place on deco hooks, or hidden in various housing chests.

As items are discovered, they will be returned to their rightful place at the Society.

We might want to brainstorm some prizes and such too, even if some sort of item that we can theme accordingly just for participating.  (Crafted backpacks?)

I put up a thread on the LOTRO forums about this event, as I hope as many folks as possible can attend so we can all have a grand ol' time.

The thread can be seen here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?648950-Forenotice-of-a-TBA-event-turning-a-negative-into-a-positive

Last edited by Daffodilia on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Okies, I have a list, but I already have to edit it down because of all the donations that have started rolling in alreadies.  I have not had time to do that yet, and it's way past my bedtime, as I have a lot to do later today.

I hope to get the list up by midnight, Shire Time.

((Our bid on the smial, by the by, got accepted, and our inspection is Tuesday.  I'll be giggling the entire time thinking about reports of a very different kind than what will be happening on this side of the looking glass.))

Awarded:

re: Missing Map List

I found my list.

From the Eriador set:
- Ettenmoors
- North Barrow-Downs
- Frostbluff
- Ered Luin
- Angmar

From the Moria Set:
- Nud-Melek
- Redhorn Nodes
- Zirakzigil
- Flaming Deeps

I believe most of the Eriador's are out at Anniversary. 

Falibrand

I've picked up the missing Moria maps, and Ered Luin. They're now in the Cartography Society.

As the Moria maps finished the metadeed for Moria cartographer, I put the Map of Moria up in the Society as well.

Falibrand

Filidor got the Angmar map--that is all the maps available at Anniversary now.

Falibrand

There is no deed for it, but I started stocking the Rohan room. We could use a couple of small (small/thin furniture) souvenirs of Rohan for the room. We also need the  two Lothlorien maps (Lothlorien, Caras Galadhon) that will be available at the Summer festival.

Falibrand

re: Map update

Summer festival is here! We need the Ettenmoors and Northern Barrow Downs maps to complete our Eriador set, and the Lothlorien and Caras Galadhon maps for the Lorien room.

EDIT: Both available Eriador maps have been completed--we will need the Forstbluff map come Yule.

All maps available at Summer Festival have been obtained. Unless they release new Rhonvonian or Gondor maps, the only map needed still is Frostbluff, and that's available at Yule.

Falibrand

I'm grabbing the Frostbluff map today, which will complete the map set for us.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

Hooray!  Thank you so much for all the hard work on that.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum