Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: Ardachicken aka Iron Beak

Forte from LMB is holding a triathalon, Ardaman, he originally meant to hold in August.  I had asked him back then if we could do a tandem event with chickens.  He agreed.  Then he dropped off due to looking glass problems, then I got busy house hunting, and the event got dropped completely.

We have settled on December 4th at 8pm.  I already have the route picked.  I need someone(s) to volunteer for this upcoming Saturday (5th) to help run the route with their chickens a few times for a timing test.  After inspections would be best for me, with time for lunch in between, so maybe around 2pm ST. 

When I ran it back in August, it took less than 20 minutes for me.  I want to say it was closer to 15.  It's pretty straightforward until you get to the bog.  (Since chickens can't ride, I ended the triathalon with an obstacle course.)  The trick with the race is the bog is the hardest due to what chickens must run around.  Their highest chance of becoming supper are in the bog, making the last leg high stakes.

As per Forte's request, I will be making a map of the route later this afternoon and e-mailing it to him tonight so he can put it with the advertisements.  I still can't find my Photoshop disks, so it won't be pretty.    I'll post the map here when I'm e-mailing it to Forte so anyone who wants to help out on Saturday can study the route ahead of time.

Awarded:

As promised...you will note a bend and a loop-de-loop in the bog.  They are around the stoned trolls there.

Awarded:

I forgot to check post here, and Forte had written me a few days ago saying that due to lack of interest (or bad timing with it being December, I think), he's canceling his triathalon.  Since we were only doing Ardachicken now since Ardaman got postponed when he had computer problems, and I know I haven't done diddly to promote Ardachicken aside from the map above and some test runs, I think it's best to cancel for us as well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum