Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Hoppa_Joel

re: Story Nights Schedules

Fryday Bad Pieday

Will be at 9pm EST,  and  will be a story night,  where we can take turns with tales, or even pie themed songs or poems.

We could also share good pies too!

This could also double as a fish-fry too,  if you all have a location you'd like to have this at in the Shire let me knows, otherwise I was thinkin' Hobbiton "Bywater Bridge" usual place :)

Hoppa_Joel

re: Lovecraftian tales on August 21st

Tonight, while playing music (  Metallica's Call of C'thulu  hehe  and the fact I've been listening to Audio books at work,  )

we discussed the idea of having H.P. Lovecraft themed story night,  then decided on the 21st ( which August 20th is  H.P. Lovecraft's birthday )

So we figured that would be a good time for that :)

Anyways,  if you aren't familiar with the style,  it is low-horror/mystery with a lot of froggy monsters and lizard and squid things.

I've got a few ideas in my head rattlin around,  and we gots plenty of time!

*grins*

It will be a usual Fryday time,   9pm ESt.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

Hrm...lovecraft during Chicken Month...hrmmmm...

*wanders away thinking about a story involving the squid and chickens*

Foundations of Stone would be the perfect setting.

Hoppa_Joel

Current location I am considering at the moment, is the Toad Marish, behind Tuckburroughs.  There is also a ruined dais near on a small hill too which could work.

One of the problems I don't want is  folks of low levels not being able to get to it easily or safely.  
Also the Shire is a desired spot if possible.

Safety Easy Access and  Lovecraftian themed if possible.    Cyclopean, Distopian, Amphibian, Reptilian, marshy,  backwaters backwoods themed out of the way towns,   these are all themes  H P Lovecraft enjoyed in his books.

Daffi and I scouted out that cool place in The Old Forest, however,  it is hard to get to, and a dangerous trek for a newbie.

Last Week's Frogmorton music,  I thought was in an ideal location,  and though we mentioned several times where we were,  we only got four attending,  so I think that even as easy to get to as Frogmorton is,  it was enough out of the mainstream path, to not have anyone show up.

So, Behind Tuckburroughs has that marked against it,  it is off the mainstream,   but  for it, it is a marsh full of toads! It is safe to get to, there is no NPC spam, So it may be the best bet.

I really would love a spooky ( or maybe mysterious is better as Lovecraft to me is less fearful, and more mysteriously creepy )  location,  but not finding it  yet.

I'll send Hoppa on a Shire tour.

Falibrand

So long as you have someone to keep the flies under control, Yale Height is good--hilltop ruins, main route, nearby stables. Other area, is the part of the Rushrock Bog between the Hill and Little Delving. A bit off the path, but most folk have been past there as it's a main shortcut folks take.

Gennyrose

I wonder if there's any place up near Fornost that's far enough away from wandering mobs to be safe for the smaller folk.  While not a perfect fit for Lovecraft, it's fairly spooky up there at places.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

The one thing Hoppa and I talked about many times during our scouting on Saturday is that most folk know the Warders play on Frydays in the Shire.  So anything within the Shire Region is what might be best in case folk can't find us.  Otherwise, we need to keep someone in the Shire to direct folk. The secondary topic was safety for folk of lower trainin's.

I think the Frogmorton issue may have jes been a week when folk had other things goin' on.

I will keep scouting too.  We have 'til August t' decide, so we're not pressed jes yet.

Thankies everyone for the fantastic suggestions.  There are so many nifty places to be found.

Also fer down the road...I really want t' have a Story Night in the fall at Appledore's.

did we decide where  the May 8th one is? hehe  so many things going on I forgot.

*edit*  oh yeah, hehe  Mustard hill!

Hoppa_Joel

DATES AND THEMES FOR THE REST OF THE YEARS STORY NIGHTS

3rd of July Story Night with a Booming theme!
July's Story night will be on the 3rd,  at Methel Stage,  at Nine PM EST https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/07/ Here we also have Stay out of the Sun Day.

August's Story Night will be at The Toad Marsh behind Buckland, for the Lovecraftian tales of Hobbity horror!
this will be on the 21st, and its theme is  H.P. Lovecraft styled tales!  ( day after Lovecraft's Birthday hehe ) According to this; https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/08/  I am thinkin' Beard cleaning could also become a story factor.

September should be a harvest theme I am thinkin'  and that would land on the 11th. But in light of that date,  lets double up the theme with Heroes and Harvest.  September 22nd is Bilbo's and Frodo's Birthday,  so we could on the 11th tell Birthday themed ones about them if you like.  Ironically Sepetmeber is the official chicken eating month.  *chuckles*  Also the 11th is "No news is Good News " day https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/09/  No better Location for Heroes and Harvest, as well as Bilbo's Birthday than The Appledores.

October 9th,  Probably a spooky tale time too.  However, looking on https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/10/ its world egg day. Hehe,  so we could do that! So Lets see about The Grainery behind Sandson Farms or there abouts for the Stories!

November 13th, Hmm..  the 12th is Fancy rat and mouse day... https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/11/ and  Friday the 13th, is where November lands, on World Kindness day.    So how about  Shrews, Rats, Acts of Kindness, of the Lucky and Unlucky Stories? hehe.
This, We will do out at the Cotton Farm  near Methel Stage, as they always have luck and unluck with shrews in the fields!

December 11th, Is Birthday Themed as well as Winterfest themed,  many Birthdays of folks I know in December including mine, and Ara's and Bo's and Northwoods, and  half a dozen others!  *chuckles* This is also Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.  *chuckles*   https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/12/   Story Night will be  by the Stables in Michel Delving,  as we can see the festivallers heading to Winterhome and engage em in a tale, if the festivities has started by then.

These are my thoughts and proposed dates for the events,   please  pop up notes you'd like to change and so on!

Daffodilia

Awarded:

Also in October is Mushie day (15th).  It's on the Thursday this year, but I figured we'd celebrate at Farmer Maggot's farm on the Fryday.  Spooky Mushie Scramble I think would be a fine title fer October.  *laughs*  The grainery still works, and we might catch some folks headin' t' the Party Tree.

Awarded:

Request for January: Since the 2nd Fryday also falls on the Bounder Anniversary weekend, I would love to have a Fish Tails & Bounder Stories night.  We could actually have the night in Addernotch, but since our Fries are usually the traditional at the Bywater Bridge, that'd prolly be best for location.

January's story night!  aye!

Bywater Bridge  sounds great :)    and  Anniversary and Boundery stuff for themes  :)   and as always,   no one has to follow a theme since we usually dont! hehehe.

Tonights tales, all three I told had nothing to do with the theme... hehe oh well,    I have   a Bherti tale of Bherti going fishing  I think Fishing fits with Bywater Bridge too :)

Hoppa_Joel

January Story Night:Well this is past!  Tolkien's Birthday was on the 3rd and Edgar Allan Poe on the 19th!  Something to consider for next year.     oh Jack London too, on 12th, and  Lewis Caroll on the 27th...  I see a next years theme of Spooky Warg tales in the Shire around Bounder's Birthday... Hmm...  possibly a Bounder Slug Shasher as a hero...  we don't know any tales like that do we?  Lyo's Mathomy Nevermore would be good here also. Robert E. Howard's Birthday was on the 22nd,  Barbarian Northerners!

February  12th,
the 12th is Stop Bullying day, Its also Story night, and also very close to Valentines Day, which is the premiere of the second half of Season 6 of the Walking Dead,   Soooo.... Stop Bullying Zombies and give them a Valentines day, is our February Theme Story night. 
And, I'll of course not follow any of my own theme rules as usual  and I don't expect anyone else to either!

March 11th, So long and thanks for all the Eggs Bunnies and Tolkien plumbing poems!  the 11th is World Plumbing day!  So long and thanks for all the ...Plumbing?  Douglas Adams birthday was the 11th also.  And March 25th is Tolkien Reading Day! Also the 12th was the day Terry Pratchett passed on... More on that in April for his Birthday..
Well,  Lets stick with Plumbing day, as every day for us is Tolkien reading day!   But on the 11th  we can theme  or read from Tolkien's  poems or the like too, or just skip Themes as usual! March 26th is Robert Frost's  Birthday so, I suppose we could have plumbing related poems?  Just Kidding :) Easter is on the 27th as well, so March could have a very varietied story them! Oh I can't forget, Dr Suess!  March 2nd!  and the 5th is Robin Hobb,  A lot of Marching!

April 8th Pratchett Tales!, is Draw a picture of a Bird day!  April 28th was Terry Pratchett's Birthday,  he passed on, on March 12th.   I considered which would be a better remembrance for him in Themed Stories  We coulda went with March, but the Inbetween time of his Passing and his Birth might be suitable for his writing, as Death was one of his main characters.  Alas... His final Tweets on his twitter account, pre-arranged;
AT LAST SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER.
Terry took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night.
I read that,  and I am saddened every time.   He was a great writer and definitely had a flare for the dramatic.  *sighs*
April could be on the 29th, or the 8th,   I say lets stick with the 8th and have a Terry Pratchett themed evening, with dwarven battle bread, and Grannies, and Happy Endings.
Anne McCaffrey's Birthday also was April 1st,  so Singing ships and Drakes Worms Wyrms and Dragons would not be out of the question!
To be Held in Bag-End

May 13th,  another Luck and Unluck day!  It is Frog Jumping day, and I am sure I'll have a tale or two about Curmie's wards the Frog Brothers!
I can't think of any Authors I am familiar with for this month.   Oh well, I am sure there are but not to the literary likings of me!
So Frogs it must be!  Or,  whatever you want!  Also May the Forth be With us,  during Cinco De Mayo.  Held in Frogmorton at the Floating Log.

June 10th, Iced Tea Day. ... Miced Tead Day... The Drink not the Rapper!  Flag day is on the 14th,  but the best is Hug your Cat day on the 4th!   June 12th Anne Frank's Birthday, and Hellen Keller, on the 27th,  I think I prefer Ice tea as those tales could be too sad for a nice summer day.  Or we could tell tales of mice as Brian Jacques is on the 15th. To be Held in Michel Delving's garden!

July 8th, Freedom Fireworks Funny-bunnies and Ferocious-Bears! ,  Is it me or are there a lot of Friday the 8ths this year?  Hmm....  This day is Scud Day... ( Fireworks? )  Well there is the 4th as well, :)  Sugar Cookie day is the 9th,
Teddybear Picnic day is the 10th!  Now for the Birthdays!  E,B White is on the 11th, Shelob's Web...  "One smart Hobbitses..."   Umm..  Beatrix Potter 28th,  Bunnies anyone? Yes?  No?   Potter... POTTER???   Harry Potter!!  J/k...  J.K. Rowlings Birthday is on the 31st!

August 19th,  Lovecraftian Tales Returns!!!   August 12th which is the second Friday, is  Middle Child's day  but we'll forget about the Middle Child, and we will wait til the 19th!  H.P Lovecraft's birthday is the 20th! Ray Bradbury's is the 22nd,  so a bit of Space-y-ness could be added in as desired.  Men's grooming day is the 19th,   also, wasn't that Beard day last year?   Hmm I guess they didn't like the beards so they shaved!  Bad Poetry day s  the 18th,  and Poerty day is the 21st go figure!

September 23rd, Bilbo Tales! As we all know,  the 22nd is Bilbo's and Frodo's Birthdays  and... September 9th  "I'll pass on"    it's hug your boss day... you are all welcomed to it but I won't celebrate! 19th is the  talk like a pirate day, and International rabbit day on the 24th.  Roald Dahl's Birthday was on the 13th, and He knew a lot about Chocolate Factories I believe. the 21st is also Stephen King's Birthday  though I dinna want a possessed cart to run over Bilbo. We'll also add Bingo in with these tales, as it will seem right appropriate.

October 14th,  Good Friday Spooky tales of unusual situations! the 14th is  Umm... this is "Be Bald and Free Day.."   I don't wanna... However,  P.G.Wodehouse's birthday on the 15th,  Perhaps i will be time for me to Write another Bherti tale,  Alas Bherti has no butler,  just a brother named Bhingo!  Oh  whats that other one?  oh Yeah Halloween too! Isn't the 14th considered a "Good Friday?"  Any Friday is good in my books! R.L. Stine's Birthday is on the 8th,  a day that gave everyone Goosebumps. Canadian Thanksgiving is on the 10th.

Troll Hill in Rushock Bog for the tales!

November  11th,  The Paper the Works and the Rowboat!  the 11th is Origami day, 12th is Pizza with the works except anchovies day,  Thanksgiving on the 24th,    C.S. Lewis on the 29th, Samuel Clemens on the 30th.

Event will be in Budgeford  by the Adventuresome Hobbit in the Skiff   sailing down the stream.

December 9th,  The Return of Birthday Month!!! As you know the Warders have a ton of Birthdays in this month as well as a ton of Bounder Birthdays too!
The 9th falls on "Lost and Found Day." Cat Herders Day is on the 15th.  Festivus is on the 23rd, Christmas on the 25th!  Bacon day on the 30th...  I missed it this last year oh no!John Milton was born on the 9th,  Emily Dickinson on the 10th, Arthur C. Clarke on the 16th,  Noel Coward on the 16th,  Jane Austin on the 16th,  Kipling on the 30th

On Townhole roof?   thats what the Moot Meet suggested *chuckles*

There is our year's planned story days with a bit of silliness, and a few good authors.

Edits may follow as needed but  this is my planned list currently.

Last edited by Hoppa_Joel on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 8 times in total
Molie Chandler

Feb 13th is my birthday, and the 14th is gammer's birthday! 

• Molie Chandler Hobbit Hunter - Voluntary Assistant Chief - Bounders of the Shire - BBB Deviant

• Carryme Hobbit Cook and Farmer - Chief Bail Lady for Molie - Bounders of the Shire

• Tilamon Hobbit Huntress - Lonely Mountain Band

• Liatra Hobbit Adventurer - Lonely Mountain Band

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum