Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: Annual Month a' the Chicken

Due to a RL black hole that happened about 10 days ago, and continues to threaten my "free" time until 5pm on Fryday of this week, I am behind on Chicken announcements this year. 

I will get the schedule up this week, our first event is this upcoming Fryday.  Ales n' Tales at Sandson's is on Monday the 10th.

PLEASE, remind folks when you have the opportunity to do so!  Wear something chickeny or keep a chicken nearby helps as well.

Thankies in advance for any and all help, even if it's a simple cloak of the cluck bawk at folks.

Oh, and YOUNG MEDDERS!  WHEN are you holding your races, please do tell?

Awarded:

Yep, the rumors are true!  This year is our 6th Annual Month a' the Chicken celebration in the Shire and Beyound!

After all the sad goings on in other parts a' our world, Mayor Whitfoot is hoping that this year's offerings will give some folks a spring in their step that might have been missin' a late.  As folks have come t' eggspect, we have a whole brood of events t' offer alreadies, and more will be added to this notice when details are firmed up as well as yer Auntie's best hard-boiled egg.

A'course, we'll be crackin' out some old favorites like Ales n' Tales at Sandson's Farm and our Fish n' Chicks Fry, as well as hatching some new events with our longest and most perilous chicken race ever that's sure t' raise some tail feathers, and one adventure that's sure t' please the Free Rangers amongst us.

Since we already had an official chicken camp this Spring, this year we're only be offerin' some spot camp slots here and there when requested.  If yer a chicken trainer that's never been t' Farmer Sandson's, do let us know and we'll set ya right up so's yer chicken is ready for our annual run to Rivendell as well as our returning Free Range run which will be guided by Mama Hen.

T' help us celebrate the month in style, please feel free to wear Cloaks of the Cluck, sport some shiny Hobnanigan duds, or flaunt yer Farmer's Faire attire in celebration throughout the month!  Ya can even carry an egg basket about, or simply uncoop yer prized chickens and that'd be swell too.

One note that must be made, given the split of the Carrier Pidgeons Unions in the Shire, if ya attend an event at Sandson's Farm, and it seems no one is there, jes holler out and we'll send a guide t' find ya.**

All events are posted in Bywater Time.*  If ya have any related queries, please feel free t' contact me here or via the Quick Post (Daffodilia).

Month a' the Chicken Schedule:

FryDay-Sunday, August 7-9th, all day, all night!  HOBNANIGANS!: Some find it quite the controversial sport, some enjoy it despite the controversy.

FryDay, August 7th, 9pm: Fish n' Chicks Night: An annual tradition where both fried fish and chicken dishes will be served.  Bring yer fishin' pole, bring a song t' play, bring a friend! Meet in Overhill by the lovelorn pond.

Monday, August 10th, 9:30pm: Ales n' Tales at Sandson's Farm:  Special songs!  Daring Barn Feats!  Musicks and dancin' and tails!

Wednesday, August 12th, 9pm: Chickers n' Seekers: Seekers need to find Hidden Chickens! Meet at the Three Farthing Stone.

Saturday, August 15th, 2pm: Green Eggs Camp: Remnant will be hosting a Chicken Camp to help out fledgling trainers and chickens take their first tenantive steps into the wider world. Meet at Sandson's Farm.

Saturday, August 15th, 8pm: Chicken Parade to Market: Bring yer chicken(s) along as we parade from Sandson's Farm t' the SoNs Market in Bree.

Sunday, August 16th, 1:30pm: Flying the Coop: North Downs Camp: Remnant will help guide chickens through the dangers that lurk close to the roads as they make their way to the eastern side of the North Downs. Meet at Sandson's Farm.

Wednesday, August 19th, 8pm: Chicken Races: This year young Meadowlark has devised some devious routes through the Shire for racing chickens to navigate as fast as their fleet feet can manage! Meet at Sandson's Farm.

Thursday, August 20th, 8:30pm: Bring Yer Chick t' the Burd: A special Concerning Hobbits Pub Party at the Burd n' Baby.

Fryday, August 21st, 9pm: Lovecraftian Tales Story Night: The usual 2nd Fryday Story Night has been moved closer to a very special birthday.  (Will there be eerie Mathoms, I wonder?)  Frightful tales, shocking ballads and dreadful stories will be told at Toad Marsh in Buckland. 

Sunday, August 23rd 1pm: They're Taking the Hens to Amon Hen!: Come along for a semi-informal (but very dangerous) chicken run to Amon Hen, in Eastern Rohan! Join an adventure to places few chickens dare to tread.   Hosted by Concerning Hobbits, and led (to a safe end we hope) by Mama Hen.  Meet at Sandson's Farm.  Free Range unlocks are recommended (for the extended 8-hour timer), although any chickens are welcome to come along for as long as their timers permit.

FryDay, August 28th 9pm: Safe by Day, Trolls by Night: Rivendell bound.  Meet at Sandson's Farm.  Chicken Tender Daffodilia will be helping Trainers, additional Chicken Tenders and Wingchicks will be available to act as guards and guides.

Saturday, August 29th, 5pm: Crosser of Roads: The second year Concerning Hobbits has offered to lead chickens who must range free! This event is for folks who have earned a Golden Chicken and wish to gain the coveted title of "Crosser of Roads".  Not fer the faint of heart!  But don't worries, Mama Hen will lead the way.  Meet at Sandson's Farm.

Sunday, August 30th, 2:30/3:00pm: Chickengard: The Courserrim folk will be holding a race to get the chickens to Isengard.  Chicken Tender teams will lead their chickens through squawk inducing territories in the hopes of being the first to reach a place darker than inside a chick's egg!  Gather at Sandson's Farm starting at 2:30, race will start at 3pm. The Remediators will play at the Farm during the gathering time. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Teams should try to arrive as close to 2:30 as possible as there will be direction given in case the chickens spawn in a separate layer.
~~~~~~''`~'
Still to be Slotted:
- Chicken Riddle Night: Bring yer best (or worst) chicken riddles.  Prizes given for rotten eggs as well as golden.

- Fluff yer Feathers Chicken Parade: eggsactly as described.

- Feathered Fashion Flourish: Fashion contest with prizes awarded to both audience and judge favorites.  Hosted by the Bounder Museum of Antiquities.

We've had a few more offers on events for the month, but not a cluck has been heard back since we first discussed it, so I'll keep a tight beak 'til I hear more.
~,'~~'`~~~~~~~
Let yer Feathers Fly!
~~~~~~`'~~'~,~~
*((Bywater Time=servertime))
** ((Sandson's Farm is under the Festival Regional umbrella by default, so getting messages out or in can be tricky, and sometimes we get layers at events, so letting us know yer there but can't find us lets us know to send a fellow invite so ya can swap t' our layer.))

Last edited by Daffodilia on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Added four new events!  Woohoo!

Awarded:

Chickers n' Seekers moved to Wednesday!

Bree Parade  added.

Chickengard details added.

Bees and Spice! 13 player run events plus Hobnabs.  Three new kins joining in with offerings or asked us to do a tie-in event to their usual.  How eggcellent is this?!?!

Awarded:

I thought I had made two sketches at our Fish n' Chicks night, but I cannot find them anywhere.  (The chat log, at least, I do have.)

If you sketched at all that night, please post at least one here so I can add it to our gallery here.

Awarded:

Thankies, Molee!  I have more sketches from that night, need t' fiddle with em.

I added two images from Quails 'n Tails in our MotC Gallery as well.

Awarded:

Forte wrote up a nice piece over on lotroplayers about Chicken Month.  It even has two flippy books: one from a Bree run and one from the parade to Market. 

Awarded:

re: Crosser of Roads causes problems

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2015/09/02/chickens-stop-traffic-at-bay-bridge-toll-plaza/

Headline:

A chicken walking through traffic slowed down the morning commute just before the Bay Bridge toll plaza early Wednesday morning, Sept. 2, 2015.
Small hobbit lass named Daffi was directing traffic and  later found leading the chicken up into the mountains towards Imladris.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

We've been spotted!  Run chickens, run!

Awarded:

I am still speechless...even after watching this a few times...

Awarded:

Chicken attempts to cross road.  Humans interfere: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/chicken-crosses-road-does-not-make-it-to-other-side-1.3231808

hullo!

Seems I slept all the way thru summer doldrums, but glad to see traditions was carried on!

Meadowlarke

Lyonardo wrote:

hullo!

Seems I slept all the way thru summer doldrums, but glad to see traditions was carried on!

We still got a place at the table set for you, Lyonardo.

Oh, and iffen you haven't heard, you might want to check in just to make sure your name don't get stolen . . . with folks coming in from distant lands they're reclaiming names what aren't being used.

Lyonardo

Thanks Chief. Probably old news now, but I came round an' took care o' that paperworks.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum