Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Hoppa_Joel

re: Annual Month a' the Chicken

Lyo  we want you to come  do paperworks more often if it gives us an opportunity to visit with you!

Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken!

Iffin' ya take a look at our Calendar fer August,

Ya'll see we have a new goldy label for Month a' the Chicken Events.

I have posted the ones that are confirmed, although the ArdaChicken event may shift timewise.  Need to be able to catch Forte.  He sort of posted that info up on the Ardaman event threads elsewheres without finalizing stuff with me.  *chuckles*  I also need to check with him about his Hobnab Tourney that month.  I think he might be holding it on another server.  We tried the tiny tourney two years ago, but we got no response, so since he's had better luck, I'm hoping he'll have his on Landy even though I know he's trying to spread out which server the event is on.

I need to still get ahold of some folks to pin them down for dates, including the Remnant folk who helped run some camps last year. 

*looks at young Medders speficially*  I need to know your race date, please.

Right now, the 3rd week is jammed with events, even though some are simply chickified regular offerings.  So I'm trying to fill in the other weeks as we progress.

In the last two years of this event, we've offered 14 events--bawk! 

Other events we've had in the past, some of which we'll definitely do again:

- Chicken Camp

- last chance Rivendell Run before the Free Range run

- Chickers n' Seekers

- Chicken and Egg lecture

- Chicken Parade

- Poulets and Duets

- Chickens to Amon Hen

- Bring yer Chick t' the Burd

- Chickengard

Last year, we tried to parade the chickens to the Market co-event, and it was so close to Classy Discussion time wise (as it will be this year) that it felt too rushed.  So this year, I'm thinking we'll jes herd them at a run.  This will also let the chickens hang about at the Market longer iffin' they like for those with shorter timers.  Chickens can also come to Market later iffin' that works better for ya.  It's a 2 hour event.

We also thought about a feathered fashioned show, but Gaffy was too busy to help that happen.  Sadly, he's looking to be jes as busy this year since the carrier he subs for is still in physical therapy after bein' bitten by a barghest.

I still want to do an Eggcoo contest.  (Haikus about chickeny things.)  Might be best at the tail end of the month, to give folks time to think some up.

I am thinking the Chicken Parade this year could return to the notion of parading them from the Farm to the Burd.  Possibly to the 1st GHMS concert that month.

I have to talk to the Coursefolk about Chickengard, because they might want to do the new quest instead that goes wayyyy out to the Far Easterlies.

------
If ya want t' help out, or have a new chicken event in mind, please let me know and soon!  If ya haven't been t' one afore, feel free to read earlier posts in this thread to get a sense of some priors.

We will be gathering at Sandson's this Wednesday around 8pmish to sketch an image for this year's official posters.

Awarded:

We have a date/time for the Eggcoo contests, and Mister Carndan will be one of our judges.  If anyone else wants to judge, please let me know. 

I know the time won't work for many folk, but it was the best we could do with Mister Carndan's schedule.

Awarded:

Miss Pandothrien from the Golden Mallorn has expressed interest in her kin possibly helping with some things this year.  I have posted my general announcement asking for volunteers on their kin's Bulletins at her request, so I'll let folks know how that progresses.

Also, for our Games oriented folk, I had a notion about Chickers and Seekers for this year.  Don't know why I didn't think of it before, actually.  Remind me when you see me to chat you up about it so I know if ya's innerested.

Awarded:

Added Saturday events: Green Eggs Camps and an Earlyburd Chicken Run

Awarded:

Posted this on the Middle-earth Bulletins jes now:

So cute!  And I like that you used screenshot of everyone getting into position.

Also, I see that a 'blue name' (Cordovan, the new community manager) replied to your post.  Yay!

Daffodilia

Awarded:

I don't know when Cordovan sleeps, really, juggling CM duties on two games.  *cluckles*

I got the idea when I was looking at all the screenies I took, since I wasn't sure if something other then the actual 7 would be useful.  I suddenly heard the Sandson's fussing at each other in my head as they were trying to organize the chickens, and after that it wrote itself. 

Awarded:

I will be posting the full event schedule late tonight.  I am still awaiting confirmation from both Remnant and Courserrim folk about their events.  I will add the info about their events when I get the confirmation of day/time from them.

Shadowbaer, I want to talk to you about a special Chickers and Seekers this year.  Remind me if I forget when I see you next.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum