Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

Awarded:

re: Crafting Storage Alliance Input Requested

Many in the Moot make use of the Crafting Storage Alliance in Thorin's Homestead.

At the Moot Meet tonight, a few valid points were brought up regarding the upcoming server transfers and shared house vaults.

The CSA is completely unlocked for ease of access. This could be a serious detriment if a newly visiting bot crawler or even just a nefarious/opportunistic transfer comes around sniffing for open chests and cleans us out.

Although a few folks have already volunteered to act as keymeisters if we have to/decide to do a lock down, this puts a lot of responsibility on those shoulders. I fear it may become a burden they may regret offering. I also cannot guarantee that a meister will always be online at any given time.

At present, I cannot add the names of even one alt per person who uses Holda in lieu of resorting to keymeisters. There is a limit to how many keys one can make, and some houses get buggy when you get even near that amount of keys.

One suggestion is to clean out duplicate stacks for mats and putting them in Garikyori's which will be locked except for me/meisters, and to put most recipe scrolls at a more secure location for restocking as a half measure between. No matter what I might wish to try, I will not have time to only leave 1 of each single use in place and shuffle the rest around to secure alts--it's too much work and I know it.

I am reaching out to all folk who use Holda this week to ask folks to consider the following:
1) Do we leave CSA as is, and hope Free Folk that come here are honest sorts?
2) Do we move out duplicates for the time being in order to keep the homes more accessible to those who use them?
3) Do we resort to locking them up and having keymeisters who can hopefully be contacted when folks have need?
4) One far fetched idea, but an idea none the less is that anyone who wants to/is able can put an existing alt or roll a new alt that will then be placed in the kin the Gariks belong to--the Bluestone Armoury. Then we can simply set a kin vault access for all those homes (except the cook kin house) and everyone can use their Bluestone Armoury alt as their get things alt.

Options 2 & 3 may be temporary until things calm down to whatever the new normal will be.

If we choose 1 or 2, and we get robbed, I will have to go with 3 (or possibly 4 depending on response) for the time being after said theft. We can definitely bounce back from being partially robbed, but all out robbed will hurt us badly.

Please think on this and let me know which option (or another no one's thought of yet) you feel is best for the CSA.
~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in becoming a Keymeister if the decision is for 3) lockdown, please let me know one alt name that would become such, so I can add you to the list and give them keys if things come to that.

re: Crafting Storage Alliance Input Requested

all it takes is one person, walking in looking for a new house after the moves,   they try the chest ( we all do ) its open!   The names have a similar feel,  they try another,  and another... and its like "Jack Pot  Kah-ching!"

I hate to lock it up too, it ruins the feel of it all.   Not sure what else to do though.   I know I put a lock out of recruits and members on  chests in Whitwich,  because you never know, til you know..

Its too bad we did not have a few other features for housing permissions.    Kinship permissions for entire kinships would  make this work.

Not too many higher levels  would take things,   they'd  be curious and look, is my guess, but they'd most likely have things and not feel the need to steal.

Lower levels 'may' pocket things,  but the ability to fill their inventory is not going to amount to a lot if they don't have a home yet.

They may file the location for later,   and then either decide to  take a bit so's it isnt missed ( which would be fine, and inadvertently they'd be using it as intended hehe..  some wont steal at all,  others will want to clean it out even id they just vendored it for a few gold total.

It's a brain teaser in a way.. hehe

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum