Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perlina Greystone

re: Bingo Boffin's friends

I heard rumours that young Bingo of Michel Delving is setting out on an adventure! And not just to Frogmorton, neither. I'm very worried. Us Greystones have known the Little Delving Boffins for years, Gennyrose's folks know them too. Solid, respectable folk, never did a thing unexpected, never. And now here's this lad from the Michel Delving branch... well, the Bounders should DO SOMETHING, I'm thinking.

((I guess Turbine's Lionman is going to release parts of the adventure over a WHOLE YEAR, that is, 52 weeks! Would anyone be interested in exploring this content, in a regular weekly meeting, with a Tortoise character or another character? It would be more about the role-play than the game-play, which is very easy at this point, and stale, in my opinion, I've been playing for 8 years, cripes. If you are interested, post your times! Mine are pretty much any weeknight from 5 pm, Saturday mornings, Sunday afternoons/evenings, every other Sunday morning.

((P.S. I'm still working on the Battle of Greenfields play, but I dunno about the whole theater festival, no one else is writing, that I know of.))

Hello, Perlina!

I have to say, when I first finished reading your note about young Master Bingo and his would-be adventure, the idea of returning to visit the Shire once more told hold of me.  I will always remember the first time I came to visit, and that memory will be with me until the last of my days.

How I wish I were not the jealous and selfish person that I am, keeping to myself and not sharing my home with smialmates, like most everyone does.  Nephews and nieces, cousins and second-cousins, and even those who share something together besides blood. I see them all, and they share home and hearth with one another in a beautiful and wonderful way.

I have tried, Perlina.  I really have.  I sent a hobbit-lass I came to know on to the Eclairs, as I knew I could not be a part of it, but how dearly I wish I were able!  But every step she took outside of our smial was one less I was able to, and I could no longer bear it, so I sent her away.  How I wish I were not this way, and I could send others to the F-troop, and the Eclairians, and the many other reasons folk gather for things that are beyond my backward reach to grasp.  Sometimes, I feel that when my heart shattered over the fields of Archet that awful day, my ability to share things close, with others, was broken as well.

Sadly, time is of a greater concern than ever these days.  I am doing my best to fight for the embattled city upon the mighty Anduin, in the land of Gondor.  There are terrible foes that we face in Osgiliath, and more seem to arrive with each new day, even as we look for the aid of others, day after day.  In the nearly three months that we have fought to hold the city, Carndan and I have found only three morale-keepers willing to aid us there, and our opportunities to battle for the city are few.  We have taken to letting other endeavors we once saw to slide, to make ourselves available when those few willing to aid us are free and able.  We do our best with things, and that will have to do.

Perlina, I mention these things not so that you, nor any who might read them, will feel poorly about them or wish to aid us.  I mention them because your note found its way through all of these things and convinced me to open my heart, and my smial, to another once more, at least a little.  I would like to send someone on to aid Master Bingo with his adventures, or help keep him from them, depending upon how things turn!

As far as available times, we have either practice or concerts with Green Hill at 9pm Bywater time on Tuesdays.  Sundays at 1pm Bywater is when Filidor's Army gathers, and Ruthie's adventures are at 6pm Bywater on Sundays as well.  Friday and Saturday evenings, I tend to be away to Bree-land things but could try to work around them if needed.  There are other things as well, of course, but these are the gatherings which I am most loathe to miss.  If possible, I would prefer a time either early or late in the day, so that other endeavors could be seen to on those days as well.

I also wanted to mention the week of theatricals, because I obviously must have misread Molly's note regarding it.  I thought that only the three plays she mentioned were going to be performed.  I clearly must have missed where she asked for others to bring scripts as well, and I am sorry for that!

Sadly, I fear that, even had I known about that from the start, it would likely have not made a difference.  For a long, long while, I have felt ashamed at not taking my turn at Ales and Tales, nor during the story nights that Hoppa and the Bounders have started.  And it is the same thing that keeps me from doing so that would also keep me from working up a script as well, I am afraid.

The endeavor which Deverell and I are upon, and the pictorial journal that I keep for it, are burdens that weigh upon me, every day.  For so long we have toiled, and that toil saps every last ounce of energy I have for such things.  Every day I long for that toil to end but often haven't the will to take a single step toward making it so.  And I fear what end may come.  One of the greatest foes I have ever faced, and likely ever will for the remainder of my days, is the blank and empty page and how to scribe upon it something special.

If the theatrical week does go on, I would love to be a part of it, in whatever way would be best!

May you enjoy the day and your quill be held by a hand and heart inspired!

Kaleigh

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable
Perlina Greystone

Hm... I had thought I erased this post from the bulletin boards, but something must have gone wrong. In any case, I don't have the interest in pursuing this... alas for that burnt-toast feeling. There are just so many other more interesting things to do than tag along with Bingo.

So don't fret, Miss Kaleigh, I understand. I know that many others are also already busy with the Eclairs, and F-Troop, and with Filidor's Army, and Ruthie's adventures, and planning for the Month o' the Chicken, and the Warders' storytelling, and patrols, and heaven knows what else!

As for the theater festival, I don't know. Ronwenna has mentioned that she would like to perform "The Green Ladies" again, so we might do that, and Molly would love to have you reprise your role. But I don't know about the other plays. The thought of gathering a cast and scheduling rehearsals and preparing a performance-- it's all a lot of work to organize. The writing is the easy part!

Give my best to Sir Carndan, and take care when your venture into that Osgilly place.

-Perlina

Thank you, Perlina.  If you do change your mind about helping Bingo, please do let us know.

I think 'The Green Ladies' most definitely deserves another performance.  It is such a wonderful play, and I would be honored to be a part of it, if Molly decides to put it on once more.

May your day be bright!

Kaleigh

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable
Hoppa_Joel

Meadowlarke and Daffi are we walking tomorrow eve with Bingo?  :) and who are you two going as?

Hoppa_Joel

Arabella would not be able to make tonight or tomorrow night,  due to  her doggy having cataract surgery today. 

tomorrow night,   isn't  doable for me either on account of my work schedule doubling my evening shift.

Falibrand

You need to be able to handle the rigors of the Old Forest this week, so prepare accordingly.

Hoppa_Joel

level 16 I think was suggested?    its more like level 10 to 12 needed.  I haven't checked yet if you "have" to have the required level to get the quest yet. 

Its a really easy go,   though for  someone inexperienced in the Old Forest it could be tough.

Daffodilia

Awarded:

The quest this week is listed as 18 trainings.  Last week was 16.

Spoilers ahead:

Having gone with another folk other than Daff, the area one needs to be is the far western bits and one leg towards the mid area.  My 13 trainings lass did it solo with ease, even running into a rare elite while there.  Really not sure why they marked it as 18 except for the bit were you have to go more towards the middle.

Bingo tonight?

Arabella and I plan on being on  8ish/8:30ish Bywater time tonight,  incase  we all wanna continue our walk about. 

We'll meet folkses at Bingo's cousins house?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum