Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Luckyfoot

re: correction noted

Daffy will be doin' the usherin'  - which will cut down on the confusin' seating arrangements. Thankies very much! (for the new line up, if'en you are bringing multiple characters, let me know their names and I can put them in.

There is still plenty of room for more models! This is gonna be a grand time! 

Ruthelia

re: Plans for the Bounder Museum of Antiquities

I'd be happy to model the 2nd "The old Style 'Bounders of South Farthing' Uniform"; the one with the lamp and the straw hat. I think that would look the least silly on me. Hope there's enough time to get one made in my size.

I was curious is there any lore-reason for the outfits being the way they are? I had a poke about both at the Great Smial in Tuckborough and the Mathom house in Michel Delving, but didn't find all that much useful information. 

Oh, if need be I am also happy to talk Blippo in to modelling something as well.

Luckyfoot

Ah consider Blippo part of the models, which still puts us at 5. Still have plenty of room for more.

So the Tentative Order is: Hoppa, Molee, Blippo, Gennyrose, Ruthelia (repeat 2 more times) - this makes 3 outfits per model.

Since no one else has volunteered being a designer - Hoppa feel free to start assigning outfits for all the models, getting their measurements and fitted before next Friday. I'm a tailor (shoemaker by trade) and I will help in any capacity I can. I have several masks, cloaks, and lots of boots to assist with.  

I see no problems getting you fitted in time for rehearsal. In case of rain we will move inside.

Currently, no other shows are booked. If anyone wants to do a show, it does not have to be a Shire specific it could be anything.

After next Saturday I'm going to be doing inventory on the museum - returning items to their owners. I do not know which items are owned by who, so if there is something that belongs to you, please send me a note and I'll make sure it finds its way home - otherwise it will become property of the museum and will either be stored or sold.

if you want to donate an item or have an item for a show, please feel free to contact me - so I can keep a record of it.

thank you,

Gaffy Luckyfoot, Head Curator

Hoppa_Joel

Okay,   I've organized the outfits, and I have them in Gennyrose's house which will make it easier for the models and  the folks wantin to share a copy.

Some outfits require Wardrobe space to use as they are high level armour pieces or  bind on equip.

Its important to remind the people wanting to borrow these to never  equip them but to drag them into their wardrobe space then return them  to the chests :)

So lets see  Currently I have 7 outfits organized:

Outfit 1;  Bounders of the Marish.  This is a simple Shabby clothings design. It needs no Wardrobe  to wear.

Outfit 2;Oldstyle Southfarthing 1,  The South Farthing Beyonder.  This needs no Wardrobe to wear.

Outfit 3;Oldstyle Southfarthing 2, The Neighborhood Watch.  This needs no Wardrobe to wear.

Outfit 4;North Farthing Border Patrol, This outfit requires Wardrobing.

Outfit 5;Ayrhawk's Bounders.. An outfit that "would" have been uniform for all Bounders if Ayrhawk had became chief, , This outfit requires Wardrobing.

Outfit 6;Beyonder Patrol, This needs no Wardrobe to wear.

Outfit 7;Oldstyle Bounders of the Delving, or the , "Narrowcleeve Raiders!" , This outfit requires Wardrobing.  This Outfit was originally a Bounder uniform, but after too many raids from the Narrowcleeve bandits on hobbit clothes lines,  the design was abandoned.

What would be funny is if Alphred could wander in like he is lost,  and Gaffy jumps in with a " Sporting the old styled Uniform of the Brandywine Border Patrol, is mister Troute!   Give the folks a spin and show them what the old style uniform looks like!"

Hehehe,  I think that would be great, if  Alph is available.

Also,  I'd like to see someone wear the "Gennyrose" style outfit,  but not  Genny.  ( Genny coudl help them piece together what to wear )  but Gaffy coudl be like,

" And now here to show off Gennyrose's sense of style... is..."   Then someone else comes in dressed like her. hehe

The Lyonardo is an also possibility, and the outfit is easily reproduced.

I am hoping  folks also add in a outfit "non bounderish" of their own design for fun!

Hehehe  just some thoughts.

Okay so thats what I got!

Ruthelia

Some of those ideas are great, Hoppa. I especially like the Alphred one. I'd love for use to have a dress-rehersal and run-through before the show-proper, is that going to happen?

If we can add our own outfit, I might model this one if that's okay. At the moment it's loosely my 'Bounder Outfit'. I always like to have one that's green to represent my kinship. I believe Blippo also has a similar outfit; a green one to represent the kinship he's in. He might wear that too if it's appropriate. I actually I think all us bounders should have one, but that's another matter entirely. I'm sure Ayrhawk would agree.

Luckyfoot

Lookin' Great

Just letting everyone know that it's 1 week before rehearsal. I would love Alphred to stumble in or other surprises.

I'm probably not as quick on my feet as I need to be and I will probably be MC'ing using Lyrical so if I don't pre-script it I'll probably not have the proper response.

Ruthelia you and Blippo can certainly wear what ever you like. Again, the only thing I will ask is for at least a sentence or two about the outfit, it's history and to give you credit as the designer of the ensemble.

This is going to be a lot of fun.

Ruthelia

I'm not very knowledgeable about Shire history so I will just wear - and say - what I'm assigned.

Hoppa_Joel

re: I just made em up!

I just made up the outfit names and designs *chuckles*

Ruth do you have wardrobe space?

some of the outfits need wardrobing some dont. I know Molee doesnt have wardrobe space, and i knows Genny does also,  if you do,  pick out a couple of the wardrobable outfits for your  models as well as what you wanted to wear too.

I think anything you decide to say for the outfit will be good.

Like who ever is doing the  Delving Bounder, coudl make up a small story about the Narrowcleeve bandits and  how the bounders decided since they were losing all the clothes offa clothes lines,  they'd best change their designs.  *chuckles*

any silly story will work, just say  you thought thats what Hoppa ( or Tobblin even )  had said about it hehe

Luckyfoot

re: Plenty of Space left for Models

I have cleared out the chest in the museum and given permission to all our current models of outfits. We still have plenty of room left for more models. There is no shortage of outfits. Thursday will be the last day to volunteer. Curators are welcome to participate as well.

We will work out all the details on Friday, I've already started working on what I will be saying, we will keep it light and fun.

Gaffy Luckyfoot, Head Curator

Ruthelia

I just heard that the show is planned for the weekend of the 13-14th and not the 23rd like suggested in the opening post? If so, unfortunately I will not be able to be part of it at all that weekend 

Hoppa_Joel

Its probably that I misunderstood the time

hehe,   I dunno what  day it is!  hehehe

Falibrand

re: Re: Practice and the event

Daffodilia wrote:
Luckyfoot wrote:

Thank you Hoppa, Molee, Gennyrose, Ruthelia, and Daffodilia - you are currently the models. there is certainly room for more. 

I know I'm not supposed t' correct my elders, but I did not sign up t' be a model.  *points upwards* Usherette.  World 'a difference.

Actually, perhaps one of the uniforms could be used for the ushers/usherettes? That'd let more outfits be displayed. I'm guessing Daff already has one of them? In fact, having the ushers be bounders of different origins may be a good way to do just that--have each wear the uniform from their farthing.

Luckyfoot

re: Losing 2 models Blippo and Ruthelia

And then there were 2. I'm sorry for the confusion about the date if we keep going the way we are going we might want to postpone it for a week. But I do not know if changing it to the 19th (Practice) 20th(Show). Would work better for both Ruthelia and Blippa. The 23rd of August was the deadline date for an actual museum show. I currently do not have a show/history tour for the Museum - no one has offered anything other than this fashion show. I'm sorry if this was confusing Tuesday wouldn't be such a great day to hold the fashion show.

So since there are no other show offers - this fashion show is it. I'm sorry that scheduling problems will prevent you from the fun.

Siegferret - thank you for your suggestion, I will take it under advisement during rehearsal next week.

Hoppa_Joel

Which Friday Rehearsal/Saturday Show, would be good for folks to do this on?

postponing it can work, as I can put outfits in the chests until folks have time to do it hehe.

Luckyfoot

re: sooner the better

I know we've already been waiting 2 months for this fashion show and I didn't want to wait til the last minute to set it up. but maybe that would have been best and a July Show would probably done worlds better than waiting until now.

So Time is either running out or we need to postpone. ((In real life - I'm currently looking for work and I can't guarantee my participation especially a weekday))

I don't have a better option, my feeling is that we should just do this let the chips fall where they may. Otherwise we should cancel, than wait for a day that may never come.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum