Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perlina Greystone

re: Fall Theatre Festival

Hello, Bounders and Bounder-friends!

So various people are dreaming of having a week-long theatre festival this autumn, as the days get shorter and the moon and stars come out to shine on the golden wheat fields. My contribution to this would be three plays: revivals of "The Most Unfortunate Hobbit" and "The Tale of Marco and Blanco", and a new play about the greatest hobbit hero ever, Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took, and the Battle of Greenfields hundreds of years ago, or so.

I'd like to have the same cast members participate, if they want, but also I'd like for everyone who wants to have a turn in the spotlight, to have a turn. (Poor Lyonardo, no longer wandering the paths of the Shire!) Here's a list of parts and the casthobbits that I remember, who are still about these days:

Unfortunate Hobbit

• Narrator - Kestryl
  • Hobbit lad - ?
  • Wolf - Falibrand?
  • Tree - Kaleigh?
  • Lass - Gennyrose
  • Iluvatar - Chief Meadowlarke

Marco and Blanco

• Narrator
  • Marco Fallohide - Li'l Meadowlark
  • Peony, his wife - Dyonaea
  • Blanco Fallohide
  • Violet, his sweetheart
  • Stendoc, Violet's father - I can't recall his name, he was good
  • King Argeleb II of Arthedain - Tamroch of the LMB
  • His Queen - Madaelin
  • His Entourage - A noble-looking friend of Tamroch's

And for the new play, Bullroarer Took (this is VERY tentative)

• Pig
  • Duckling
  • Sheep 1
  • Sheep 2
  • Donkey
  • Rabbit
  • Assorted chickens
  • Bandobras Took
  • Diamond Chubb
  • A Ranger
  • Golfimbul, leader of a band of goblins from Mount Gram, which is away east or north somewheres
  • More goblins
  • Bounders and Sheriffs and other hobbits

I was hoping Hoppa Joel and some of the Warders could help with the animals and extras in the new play. If any one can play their role again (and wants to), please make a note here on this bulletin board or send me a mail at ferdindanda99@yahoo.com. Gennyrose, you were our understudy for just about every play, but you should have your pick of roles now.

There are some nice hobbit lads in the LMB and in Rozalinde's Concerning Hobbits kinship. I want to find the one with the right personality for Bullroarer Took, so maybe hold off on that one.

Also, we'll have a rehearsal in early July for these two plays, to see how rusty we are. Please let me know what days and times work best for you, between July 1 and 8.

Thank you, see you all around!

~Perlina

Yay!  This sounds like a lot of fun!  That's so sweet of you to let me pick my part, but I'm willin' to take any part you'd need, or do the understudy role again.  And with a little warning, I can make jus' about any night that's good for anyone else.

P.s.  I jus' hope Kaleigh isn't so wooden this time around.  *sighs*

Hoppa_Joel

Gennyrose wrote:

her performance was Ent-erprizing, and didn't leaf a dry eye in the house.  though she has gotten stumped in this one role, I heard she has plans to branch out, and let her acting career take root in other fields of acting.

Kaleigh Starshine

Hoppa_Joel wrote:
Gennyrose wrote:

her performance was Ent-erprizing, and didn't leaf a dry eye in the house.  though she has gotten stumped in this one role, I heard she has plans to branch out, and let her acting career take root in other fields of acting.

You both are silly!  I thought my performance leafed nothing to be desired.

Hello, Perlina!  I am so sorry I am just now signing my name for tryouts.  I was away vacationing in the Dale-lands until very recently.  I would love to be a part of the week, in whatever way you feel would be best, whether onstage or whatever part of the production you would prefer.

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable
Dyonaea
Dyanthus

I'm really lookin' forward to this!

And I promise to not fall asleep and actually show up!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bounders of The Shire Forum Index -> Shire Moot! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum